We are always looking to add new talent to our team. If you are academically strong, detail-oriented, and a great writer, we would love to hear from you. Prior workplace investigation experience is an asset.
For employment enquiries, please forward your resume, your law school transcripts, and a writing sample along with a cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workplace Investigations Associate
Mortimer Khoraych is currently seeking two associates, one full-time and one part-time, with at least five years of workplace investigations and/or labour and employment law experience to join our growing practice.
As a Workplace Investigations Associate, you will work as part of our team investigating workplace and institutional complaints involving allegations of discrimination, harassment, including sexual and human rights based harassment, retaliation, workplace bullying, abuse of power/authority, conflict of interest and other misconduct.
You will work both autonomously and collaboratively with team members on investigations. You will conduct witness interviews; summarize allegations; obtain relevant evidence; synthesize documents, data and information collected; make findings of fact and credibility, and draft investigation reports. Working with the Principal Investigator, you may also analyze the findings of fact against statutory requirements and client policy. In performing the above duties, you will be a primary client contact on many files.
The successful candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience conducting workplace investigations or advising on workplace issues.
- Demonstrable case-management, fact-finding, and analytical/evidence assessment skills in the context of conducting workplace investigations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to synthesize large qualities of information, and identify relevant information and facts; detail-oriented.
- Professional, confident, disciplined, and self-motivated.
- A licensed member of the Law Society of Ontario (lawyer or paralegal), with a background in employment law and/or employee relations, or a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence by submitting a cover letter, post-secondary transcripts, and resume/CV to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those progressing further in the application process will be contacted.
Mortimer Khoraych welcomes applications from all qualified applicants, and encourages those from individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our firm.